Starting at The Burgate School
Frequently asked questions - FAQs
We hope that we have included all of the information that you may need to support your child's transition from primary school to secondary school or in-year school move. Information for students moving from Year 6 to Year 7 can be found on our Year 6 Induction page but please explore our website for lots more information.
Below we have included some questions we have recently been asked - if we have missed anything or you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact our admissions team via: email@example.com or by calling: 01425 652039
1. Will there be an additional summer induction over the holidays?
No - we were delighted to welcome our new students to their induction day on 1 July.
2. What day/time do the students start back in September?
New Year 7 students will return on Tuesday 6 September. This is a normal school day and so students should be at school by 08:30 for registration at 08:35 - This information can also be found on the Year 6 Induction page
3. Will buses be operational on the first day?
Yes - all school transport will be operating on Tuesday 6 September. Parents should have applied for bus passes via their local county council school transport team if they believe their child may be eligible for free school transport by 1 July 2022. Students planning to travel on commercial routes should ensure they have purchased tickets via Salisbury Reds ahead of the start of the new school term.
For further information and to check our bus routes please visit our travel page for more information.
4. What uniform/PE kit is essential and what is optional?
5. Are black trainers allowed?
School shoes must be all-black leather but can be in a trainer-style.
We do not specify a colour requirement for sports trainers.
6. Is there an equipment list for stationary to include a specific calculator?
Please see 'other information' on the Year 6 Induction page.
7. Will the students have lockers?
We don't use lockers as our students learn to successfully manage their daily equipment needs.
8. Do students get given a physical diary or is it an online platform?
Students are given a planner to support their organistation and wellbeing.
9. How do students get their timetable?
All students are given individual timetable at the beginning of the year to add to their planners - this timetable is also visible on the sims parent app.
10. How can parents check attendance, rewards and behaviour?
There is a SIMS app that parents will be given access to in the first few weeks of the school term.
11. Will students need to print out homework or upload it?
Homework is set via MS Teams and generally work is uploaded here also.
12. What online learning platform do you use?
We use Microsoft 365 school and use all platforms within this.
13. What language do students study in Year 7?
During the first half term all Year 7 students all will have lessons in both French and Spanish before deciding which language to continue with for the remainder of Year 7 and Year 8. Thereafter students will choose which language to continue with at GCSE or if they would like, to pick up the second language also.
14. The website refers to an X and Y banding- what does this mean?
We split each year group into 'x' and 'y' this simply helps us with staffing and timetabling.
15. Will there be an opportunity for parents to ask more questions?
Parents of our new Year 7 students are invited to a Parent Welcome Evening on Tuesday 20 September 2022 - this will be an opportunity for parents to meet key staff and to ask further questions.
16. How do parents communicate with their child’s form tutor?
Please see 'who to contact once your child starts' on our Year 6 Induction page.
17. Who is the SENCo?
Mr Brennan is our SENDCo and more information about SEND can be found here.
18. Are all lessons taught in tutor groups?
Until half-term new Year 7 students will be taught within their tutor groups after this groups are split into 'x' and 'y'
19. How are students ‘set’ for core subjects?
This is done based on SATs and continual in-class assessment.
20. What extra curricular clubs are running in the autumn term?
Your child's tutor will provide information about clubs at the start of the term and our enrichment portfolio is updated regularly. This provides more detail about clubs that are running and the timings as these are agreed.
21. How do the students pay for food/drink at break and lunch? Can parents see the spending?
Parents can create a school gateway account from Monday 5 September 2022 to pay for trips, visits and and to add lunch money to their child's account. More information can be found under 'payments' on the Year 6 induction page
22. Is there a Year 7 designated area for break and lunchtime?
Yes, all year groups have a designated area and staff on duty.
35. How do parents access financial support for uniform and equipment ahead of the sept start?
If your child is eligible for free school meals (FSM) or pupil premium, we are able to support with the purchase of school uniform, on production of receipts, to a maximum of £90 in Year 7. We can also support 50% of the cost towards resources, school trips and music lessons. Unfortunately we are not able to contribute to bus passes. To check if your child is eligible for FSM please follow the attached link https://cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/hants To contact the fiinnance team or send receipts please email: Jprice@burgate.hants.sch.uk